Feathercoin daemon and wallet production version 0.18.1
Old daemon and wallet version 0.17.0.1

Feathercoin Coffee Shoppe

• | Tip KJohnson

Hey all

I’m contemplating the idea of starting up a caffeine based business that would work with bitcoin, litecoin and feathercoin.
    It would start out with basic products; coffee, tea, caffeinated jerky and grow from there.
    The point of this post is to get feedback and see if anyone would be interested in buying these products and others like them with crypto-currencies.
    These products would by no means be the only items sold, just to start out and generate some business.

I know there are one or two stores out there like this already, but they are unreliable at best. I myself was never shipped an order of coffee from one such store, and I would like to provide a reliable market for not only Feathercoin users but also litecoin and Bitcoin users.

Tell me your thoughts?

Kjohnson

• | Tip imineftc

interesting. Coffee is always a good bet, cause there’s such a huge market for it. how would you get coffee? would your prices be competitive to say walmarts?

i think crypto coins have a niche market of people that want to purchase things anonymously. honestly, I’m not sure what items those are except for maybe the embarrassing ones currently on the feathercoin market lol. there’s also the element of no buyer security or warranty, so i imagine any items purchased with feathercoin wouldn’t be too expensive.

in any case, I LOVE COFFEE!

• | Tip KJohnson

[quote name=“imineftc” post=“27074” timestamp=“1378162960”]
    interesting. Coffee is always a good bet, cause there’s such a huge market for it. how would you get coffee? would your prices be competitive to say walmarts?

i think crypto coins have a niche market of people that want to purchase things anonymously. honestly, I’m not sure what items those are except for maybe the embarrassing ones currently on the feathercoin market lol. there’s also the element of no buyer security or warranty, so i imagine any items purchased with feathercoin wouldn’t be too expensive.

in any case, I LOVE COFFEE!
    [/quote]

I will probably be a little bit more that Walmart, because my brew will be shipped the same day it is roasted versus whenever it is shipped to the local store. I am hoping for roughly $10-$10.50 for 12 ounces, but very fresh! Unfortunately Walmart gets to sell coffee below local retailer cost. I am also hoping to add products that can’t be sold via Wal-Mart as well though! 🙂 I will provide my actual phone number and address though on the site so I can be contacted. I spent 1/2 a bitcoin back in march for a pound of coffee and never received it from Bitbrew. I won’t ever do that to anyone else!