Supported Feathercoin client versions: Current production Version: 0.9.6.2.

Info: If you have problems to post, create one post in the ‘newbies’ category and try again. If you have further problems, Find Support under Guides or use the shoutbox

Life Support (Updated with hash donators)

Ok, So after some thinking I’ve decided to put my money where my mouth is. I’m prepared (i think i may be going soft) to swing my miners around for a few days and see how we go.

I need some help understanding something though.

What is needed to help sort out the confirmations? If i mine for a pool does that help or should i set up a p2pool (i used to run one for litecoin - shouldn’t be too hard to adapt) I have spare servers which are SSD based with PLENTY of RAM and static IPs etc. Also does leaving a wallet open with the port forwarded actually help? Solomining?

I know i’m only one guy but every little helps right? I’ll lead the charge!!! 8)

Devs - What are you planning? A little transparency may help the confidence levels too?

Current Confirmed Donators

Nutnut - 15MHs (6MH give-me-ftc / 9MHs wemineftc)
    Svennand - 6MHs
    Klenker - 400KHs
    JesstersDead - 11.5MHs
    ZeroDrama - 2MHs
    Explicit (LinuxJeKul) - 300KHs
    Aysyr - 5.9MHs
    Pyxis (Spoodle) - 2.5MHs
    Benj308 - 380KHs
    UKMark (NarkyMark) - 1.3MHs
    Deroekeloze - 1.3MHs
    Alec40gr - 1MHs
    Jeremiel - 1.9MHs

Please PM me with your worker name, pool, and hashrate if you want adding to the list.

• Mining for a pool would help and I’m sure the people on the pool would greatly appreciate it too.

I do not think it is necessary to keep a node running. We do have four DNS Seeds all set to allow a large number of remote connections.

I’ve been looking at the pools and they all have blocks that are days old yet unconfirmed. Looks like no-one can get 120 confirms. What causes this and what needs to be done to fix it?

• [quote name=“Nutnut” post=“2255” timestamp=“1368206864”]
    I’ve been looking at the pools and they all have blocks that are days old yet unconfirmed. Looks like no-one can get 120 confirms. What causes this and what needs to be done to fix it?
    [/quote]

Lack of new blocks being found. With the price dropping too it is going to get very messy. We need some quick fix; though I have no idea what that might be.

• [quote name=“Nutnut” post=“2255” timestamp=“1368206864”]
    [/quote]

More hash power is required.

[quote author=Red Mist link=topic=364.msg2256#msg2256 date=1368207045]
    Lack of new blocks being found. With the price dropping too it is going to get very messy. We need some quick fix; though I have no idea what that might be.
    [/quote]

A faster difficulty adjust would help Feathercoin regain appeal to miners when it starts moving the difficulty down.

6MHs pointed to give-me-ftc…

Any other lurking miners fancy joining the charge??

• [quote name=“Bushstar” post=“2259” timestamp=“1368207394”]
    [quote author=Red Mist link=topic=364.msg2256#msg2256 date=1368207045]
    [/quote]

A faster difficulty adjust would help Feathercoin regain appeal to miners when it starts moving the difficulty down.
    [/quote]

Yeah, but that would be messy, and something permanent so can’t just be done like that. Was wondering if a more innovative solution exists for the long term; and a quick fix for the short term. The upcoming Litecoin difficulty may help if FTC at least holds the price for now.

• I am already giving my 1.1 Mh/s to FTC

Ah heck - 9MH/s…

Anyone fancy drumming up some business on the other boards?

serraz is the awesomest pool operator ever.
    give me ltc pool uses 10 confirms not 120. that’s why give me ltc is gets a ton of respect.

you don’t need faster difficulty retargets. you only need pool operators who know what they are doing.

i think it’s time for me to go to serraz’s pool. expect the difficulty issue to disappear. by far the best.

give-me-ftc will solve all our issues.

• Good spot zerodrama.

The network hash rate has gone up by 20 MH over the last hour which is a 5.4% increase in hashing power. It looks like a hash power rally by the community can make a difference. We are now down from 21 days to 20 days to go :)

I’ve resurrected my son’s computer this week with a replacement motherboard which made him happy, I have now set it mining again which has made him mad, mining is what blew up his computer in the first place. I now have a total of 1.5MH running. I’ve been meaning to order a couple of new cards for a while now and will get on it.

I’ll link this thread into the Feathercoin announcement thread over at BitcoinTalk.

• [quote name=“Nutnut” post=“2232” timestamp=“1368203910”]
    Ok, So after some thinking I’ve decided to put my money where my mouth is. I’m prepared (i think i may be going soft) to swing my miners around for a few days and see how we go.

I need some help understanding something though.

What is needed to help sort out the confirmations? If i mine for a pool does that help or should i set up a p2pool (i used to run one for litecoin - shouldn’t be too hard to adapt) I have spare servers which are SSD based with PLENTY of RAM and static IPs etc. Also does leaving a wallet open with the port forwarded actually help? Solomining?

I know i’m only one guy but every little helps right? I’ll lead the charge!!! 8)

[b]Devs[/b] - What are you planning? A little transparency may help the confidence levels too?
    [/quote]

Your gesture is appreciated and I thank you for the support.
    We don’t ask you to mine a whole month and take a loss, just a day or 2 to get the confirmations up and running again

1000 times thanks!!!

I’m still saving up for the 7950, no point joining with my 20kh/s -.-’

• [quote name=“Markus1337” post=“2275” timestamp=“1368210182”]
    [/quote]

My only PC useful for scrypt mining is my render PC and he also does not make more than 20kh/s. But whenever i’m not rendering i point him to a FTC pool. Of course your and mine 20k each make no difference, but a 100 of us do.

[quote name=“lyno” post=“2280” timestamp=“1368211036”]
    [quote author=Markus1337 link=topic=364.msg2275#msg2275 date=1368210182]
    [/quote]

My only PC useful for scrypt mining is my render PC and he also does not make more than 20kh/s. But whenever i’m not rendering i point him to a FTC pool. Of course your and mine 20k each make no difference, but a 100 of us do.
    [/quote]

Well, I only have 1 PC which I’m using right now and mining lags the PC a bit :/

• [quote name=“lyno” post=“2280” timestamp=“1368211036”]
    [quote author=Markus1337 link=topic=364.msg2275#msg2275 date=1368210182]
    [/quote]

[/quote]

+1

• Errr I think the price could do with some life support! Cheap coins for everyone!!! :D :D :D :D :D

EPIC Bounce though - buy order just jumped 30BTC!

I’m all in now - 15MHs. Hope it’s worth it! :D

DUDE i’M DYING !!! I have to wait few days for my card reader to make bank transfers :’( I cant believe it >.< mother f**ker at 0.001 http://gyazo.com/8df4a14b1ddc2d70ed17bd03ba6835fc

Anybody want to give me 20 pounds / $31 or equvilint of FTC and I pay them back in few days ?? ^^

OMFG - 290 BTC of buy orders now! ;D

Looks like your connection to Feathercoin Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.