Supported Feathercoin client versions: Current production Version: 0.16.0.

Old Production Version: 0.13.2

Info: If you have problems to post, create one post in the ‘newbies’ category and try again. If you have further problems, find support under Guides or use the shoutbox

\[ANN\] \[PPLNS\] \[0% Fee\] \[30 Confirms\] \[Stratum\] \[Staff Owned\] :: ftc.d2.cc

• Welcome aboard malona82! :3

And thanks for the update d2, I’ll confirm shortly how I’m doing for shares, stales, spewed out error messages and all those lovely likes!

And hi there Solitude, I’m asuming you’re going to be around now for the ‘official’ support? 😛

Seems to be going pretty smooth now! 😎

Ok! All support tickets gone through and server seems to be stable. Breaking 100MH/s is awesome! Going to take a look into stratum now and see if I can’t get that implemented.

Also wanted to confirm Solitude is also able to access the servers used for this pool and will be assisting with support tickets and in this forum.

• Brilliant work you (d2) and Solitude are doing. The pool seems pretty stable again for me today and I’m just letting my GPUs work away nicely now.

[img]http://puu.sh/2MFTl.png[/img]
    [img]http://puu.sh/2MF7Y.png[/img]

I noticed yesterday while doing audits of the payouts of the first few blocks that there seems to be some math that is marginally off resulting is a slight over-credit in the value of the shares. This calculation is causing the pool to owe 0.99% more to users than it actually has in the pool wallet. This hasn’t been a major concern as I too am mining in this pool, and have been crediting my share to the pool master wallet, however, now with our hash rate skyrocketing, my personal contributions from mining will be depleted with the next 5-6 blocks if I am unable to remedy this situation.

Currently, I am reviewing all of the payout calculations trying to find the source of this problem. If for some reason I am unable to find the problem before the wallet surplus is gone, I will have to institute a hard pool fee until it can be resolved. If it comes to me being forced to set a pool fee, I will post an announcement as a reply in this thread, update the first post, and post in both the news section and home page of the site before it will go into affect. I estimate it would be 0.5% but this would only be done as a last resort.

On another note, our hash rate is still climbing at an impressive rate. On top of working on the stratum implementation, we are also evaluating our options for additional servers for load balancing. Right now our system resource usage is quite low considering the traffic, but we want to stay on top of this and have solutions in place before we encounter problems. Should be grow to this point, a pool fee will have to be put in place to help with costs but until then we hope to remain free thanks to those users who are donating a percentage.

• I have 5.6% of invalid shares. I normaly have like 1-2% on litecoin mining.
    Is it the pool or is it me ?

Also might be a noob question but, what does Pool Efficiency stand for?
    93.92% seems weak to me …

If you are using reaper, you invalid shares could be caused because reaper (as of the last version I followed), doesn’t verify it’s work before submitting it.

Pool Efficiency is the ratio of submitted valid to stale shares. The formula for it is:

[code](1 - (SUM(stale_share_count)/SUM(share_count))) * 100[/code]

Having an issue with cloudflare at the moment, pool is functioning fine, but the front end [s]may be unavailable for a couple minutes.[/s] seems to be fine now!

• I didn’t notice it go down so, good job d2. xD
    I am however noticing the influx of FTC appearing in my wallet. Keep this pool alive! 😃

• I like your pool, it’s fast and the frontend doesnt lag but I get about 17% stales … go stratum go! 😃

Another question:

I’m quite curious how I will ever get ~ 36 ftc / day with my 1120 kh/s … I mined now for 6 hours and my first payment was only 0.33 FTCs; my next one will be 1 ftc … but with an average block finding every 2 hours I get 12 FTCs instead of 36 … maybe someone can shed some light on this mistery 😃

Furthermore: With 170 mh/s we should find a block at least ~ 1 / hour … and that’s with nearly 20% invalids … but we find only half …

• [quote name=“synefiere” post=“988” timestamp=“1367706126”]
    I like your pool, it’s fast and the frontend doesnt lag but I get about 17% stales … go stratum go! 😃

Another question:

I’m quite curious how I will ever get ~ 36 ftc / day with my 1120 kh/s … I mined now for 6 hours and my first payment was only 0.33 FTCs; my next one will be 1 ftc … but with an average block finding every 2 hours I get 12 FTCs instead of 36 … maybe someone can shed some light on this mistery 😃
    [/quote]

To be perfectly honest, it is only an estimate. It all depends on how many shares you mine compared to how many are in the block (and how many people mine). If you mine 1000 shares of a 200000 share block your estimated reward for that block is 1FTC (a block is 200 FTC, you’ve got 1% of the block)
    If it takes all the miners/workers 30 minutes to clear the entire block then you’re expected 1 FTC/30 minutes, 2FTC/hour, 48FTC/day. (Ideal world whereby you’re getting 1% of each block, and each block only takes 30 minutes.)

Hope that helps somewhat. ^^;

• Thanks for you reply, but I have another question regarding this topic:

I understand the myshare vs. other share / block payout system but it seems we find too less blocks for our speed!

With 170 mh/s we should find a block at least ~ 1 / hour … and that’s with nearly 20% invalids … but we only find 1 every 1h 50min according to statistics …

• [quote name=“synefiere” post=“990” timestamp=“1367706669”]
    Thanks for you reply, but I have another question regarding this topic:

I understand the myshare vs. other share / block payout system but it seems we find too less blocks for our speed!

With 170 mh/s we should find a block at least ~ 1 / hour … and that’s with nearly 20% invalids … but we only find 1 every 1h 50min according to statistics …
    [/quote]
    Well, per say it’s probably best to say we’re just unlucky at the moment? ^^;
    In the end, this pool hasn’t even been up a week yet and it’s got a fairly good reputation. Just wait it out and things’ll average out. ^_~

• [quote name=“ShadowEW” post=“994” timestamp=“1367707059”]
    In the end, this pool hasn’t even been up a week yet and it’s got a fairly good reputation. Just wait it out and things’ll average out. ^_~
    [/quote]

but but but … the market moves so fast … 😃 every day counts ^^

• [quote name=“synefiere” post=“996” timestamp=“1367707177”]
    [quote author=ShadowEW link=topic=113.msg994#msg994 date=1367707059]
    [/quote]

but but but … the market moves so fast … 😃 every day counts ^^
    [/quote]

Patience is a virtue, we’ll all get there in the end. You’re not alone. ^^~

• I like opportunities but I don’t like the whooshing sound they make, when rushing by me 😃

• [quote name=“synefiere” post=“999” timestamp=“1367707668”]
    I like opportunities but I don’t like the whooshing sound they make, when rushing by me 😃
    [/quote]

Well then! Maybe you should create your own pool and drag in as many members as you can get! Members, minions, etc. :3
    I’m only joking around with you synefiere, d2 and Solitude have been working through most days (and nights) to try and get this pool rock solid stable and to introduce as many features as possible whilst keeping all his loyal Miners happy.
    Stick with it synefiere, “we’ll” get through this. 😃

• don’t understand me wrong: D2 pool is by far (!) the best pool I tried in the FTC network and I have tried about 5 different ones before this one.

The network is stable, connection is stable, frontend is fast and communication is great!

I come … like many many many others … from LTC (don’t judge me :D) and there aren’t these new - coin problems anymore. The large FTC pools all have major problems at the moment and are laggy/buggy/invalid shares as hell or offline alltogether. I have never been in such a small / new pool (it’s actually not THAT small … :D) and therefore just wanted to get some things cleared up 😃

Go D2 go! 😃

• There you go synefiere, 4 blocks in just over 2 hours. That Ideal world situation is coming to light for a little bit. xD
    [img]http://puu.sh/2N01X.png[/img]

Edit: and 2 more blocks.
    [img]http://puu.sh/2N0WQ.png[/img]

Does that make you happier synefiere? 😛

Sorry I haven’t really been watching this thread for updates today. But I have been spending a considerable amount of time working on stratum. Thanks Shadow for getting some responses out, but I would like to know why you have so many invalid shares? 20% is a bit insane but I don’t think that is the pool but instead perhaps you have reaper pegged out much higher than it should be causing you to have a lot of HW issues…

Anyone else having a problem with an insane amount of invalid shares?