Supported Feathercoin client versions: Current production Version: 0.13.1.

Info: If you have problems to post, create one post in the ‘newbies’ category and try again. If you have further problems, find support under Guides or use the shoutbox

\[ANN\] \[PPLNS\] \[0% Fee\] \[30 Confirms\] \[Stratum\] \[Staff Owned\] :: ftc.d2.cc

• I’m getting around 10% Invalid on my 7970s and 5% Invalid on my 6950.
    A little high yes, but I’m still tweaking at present so I can’t really be a viable statistic ^^;

And you’re more than welcome d2, I’m just doing my bit to help out the community.

• [quote name=“d2” post=“1025” timestamp=“1367719853”]
    Anyone else having a problem with an insane amount of invalid shares?
    [/quote]

I don’t know that this is an insane amount, but maybe a little high?

Your Valid: 14554
    Invalid: 140

[quote name=“atariguy” post=“1031” timestamp=“1367726899”]
    I don’t know that this is an insane amount, but maybe a little high?

Your Valid: 14554
    Invalid: 140
    [/quote]

That’s just under 1% so no, that’s not bad at all.

Just wanted to let everyone know. During an effort to debug the payment system, I forgot to disable one of the scripts that credits balances to users for their shares. This resulted in shares from block 31,439 not being credited to user accounts. I still have all records of every submitted share since the beginning of the pool and will be moving them into the queue for calculation soon. It may take an hour or so as I want to make sure I don’t miss anything while performing this. Blocks after 31,439 should be paid out fine but will also be watched. I’ll post another reply once this is sorted.

[size=14pt]TEMPORARY POOL FEE[/size]

I am going to have to institute a [b]temporary[/b] pool fee of 0.5% until I find why the pool has paid out slightly over 16 FTC over what it has made in the last 14 blocks. Once this problem is resolved, I will remove the pool fee. Also worth noting, the pool wallet has enough in it to cover everyones balance including what has not yet been credited from the above mentioned block.

[b]The pool fee will NOT be charged for block 31,439[/b]

[b]Update[/b]

[s]Block 31,461 counted shares fine for all active miners, but I have the scripts disabled that credit amounts to accounts while I am working on crediting users from the previously found block.[/s]

Payouts resumed, all is fine except block 31,439 as it’s still be counted by me.

Missing FTC from Block 31439 has been credited without the temporary pool fee. This transaction will appear as TX Type: Manual with the associated block number in your transaction history.

Sorry for the delay in getting this sorted out, I wanted to go over everything many times before executing the update to be sure I wouldn’t have to revert the database to a backup from a botched payment attempt to everyone.

• [quote name=“ShadowEW” post=“1022” timestamp=“1367716398”]
    There you go synefiere, 4 blocks in just over 2 hours. That Ideal world situation is coming to light for a little bit. xD

Does that make you happier synefiere? 😛
    [/quote]

Bad luck also comes around again, but this time with a sledgehammer 😃

[img]http://f.666kb.com/i/cdt0xd1w885o42i7g.jpg[/img]

[quote author=d2]
    Sorry I haven’t really been watching this thread for updates today. But I have been spending a considerable amount of time working on stratum. Thanks Shadow for getting some responses out, but I would like to know why you have so many invalid shares? 20% is a bit insane but I don’t think that is the pool but instead perhaps you have reaper pegged out much higher than it should be causing you to have a lot of HW issues…

Anyone else having a problem with an insane amount of invalid shares?[/quote]

my settings are tweaked especially to my graphic cards and should produce max. 1% stale. It does not make any sense for the FTC network to react differently than the LTC network, does it?

Your Valid: 12,233
    Invalid: 2,233
    Unpaid Valid: 110,437 (don’t know how many unvalid there are yet)

Bad stale % with all my graphic cards. 7870:

[img]http://f.666kb.com/i/cdt12t7hr3rqaaoj0.jpg[/img]

Maybe it’s because of no stratum … I test some settings with one card to see if it makes any difference

[quote name=“synefiere” post=“1042” timestamp=“1367741624”]
    my settings are tweaked especially to my graphic cards and should produce max. 1% stale. It does not make any sense for the FTC network to react differently than the LTC network, does it?

Maybe it’s because of no stratum …
    [/quote]

Yes it could be because getwork is slow. Stratum will be implemented, but I won’t push it to public use until I know it’s stable so it may be a few more days. I would rather not offer something at all than end up like some other servers who had issues with stratum not submitting shares to the daemon for verification…

• [quote name=“d2” post=“1044” timestamp=“1367742901”]
    Yes it could be because getwork is slow. Stratum will be implemented, but I won’t push it to public use until I know it’s stable so it may be a few more days. I would rather not offer something at all than end up like some other servers who had issues with stratum not submitting shares to the daemon for verification…
    [/quote]

good decision!

my issue: strange … restarted the miners and with the same settings now I have:

GPU/Valid/Invalid
    7850/559/5
    7870/1002/11
    7870/950/10

have you changed anything? 😃

[quote name=“synefiere” post=“1046” timestamp=“1367748036”]
    my issue: strange … restarted the miners and with the same settings now I have:

GPU/Valid/Invalid
    7850/559/5
    7870/1002/11
    7870/950/10

have you changed anything? 😃
    [/quote]

I did fix an issue with the caching engine that was resulting in 1-2 DB query fails every 60 seconds. But I’m not sure that would make a huge difference in your invalid shares.

• Awch, seems the pool managed to run into a helluva lot of issues whilst I was asleep. Glad to see you’ve acted swiftly to rectify the issues and I assume the poolfee will remain until the 16 FTC has been recovered. Not that this bothers me, just means I’m donating 2.5% now xD

And synfiere you could just be hitting good blocks now, ones where the getwork is keeping up nicely and processing well. 😛

• [quote name=“ShadowEW” post=“1059” timestamp=“1367750109”]
    And synfiere you could just be hitting good blocks now, ones where the getwork is keeping up nicely and processing well. 😛
    [/quote]

this is all so weird, really 😃

My shares went from valid/invalid 1002/11 (1% stale) --> 1454/138 (9.5%) with a stale of 28% in the difference of these 2 readings. that’s insane … I don’t understand it, really 😃 Could it have something to do with my location in relation to the servers location (ping etc.)? (I live in Austria)
    Same with my other PC …

If I begin to get on your nerves guys, please tell me so … don’t want to annoy you! 😃

[quote name=“ShadowEW” post=“1059” timestamp=“1367750109”]
    I assume the poolfee will remain until the 16 FTC has been recovered.
    [/quote]

Actually no, I’m not really worried about the 16 FTC as I mined it myself, the pool wasn’t actually negative that much. My concern is that the pool is overpaying everyone, so I will be monitoring it to make sure the fee is covering the overpayment (which from initial calculations 0.5% should) until I can find what exactly is causing it.

On another note, fixing memcached caused some other issues and stats / payouts will be disabled until I have cleared this up. I am working quickly to at least get the stats portions that show our current blocks and user hashrates back up while I work out the other problems.

• I’ve been trying to mine in this pool with reaper, but it’s staying at 0 shares.

http://i39.tinypic.com/30rw5t1.jpg

I’m new to mining, so have I configured something wrong? Scryptminer works fine, but that’s pretty slow. Would it be because I set up the second worker wrongly on the site?

• Hi there, it looks like you’re not mining litecoin in that screenshot (as values are in Mhash)
    Open your reaper.conf and change it to this:
    [code]
    kernel reaper.cl
    save_binaries yes
    enable_graceful_shutdown no
    long_polling yes

mine litecoin

device 0
    [/code]
    If you have two gpus just add an extra line under the device saying 1, or 2 for 3 GPU etc.
    [code]
    device 0
    device 1
    [/code]

• I was missing the “device 0” line, but adding that didn’t seem to change anything.

My reaper.conf is [code]kernel reaper.cl
    save_binaries yes
    enable_graceful_shutdown no
    long_polling yes

mine litecoin

device 0[/code] and my litecoin.conf is [code]host pool.d2.cc
    port 9344
    user [Username].[Worker name]
    pass [Pass]

protocol litecoin

worksize 256
    aggression 14
    threads_per_gpu 1
    sharethreads 18
    lookup_gap 2
    gpu_thread_concurrency 6144[/code]

Those are the default values, apart from aggression which lagged the computer at default 18. Is there anything here I should change? User and pass are substituted with the actual worker name and password.

• Just noticed you’re on a Nivida GPU, I’d really drop off the amount of sharethreads you have there. And I’d also consider you try using CUDAMiner as it is more tailored towards Nivida GPUs than Repear or cgminer is.

Use this site for a rough idea of the sort of settings you should be using for your GPU. Or at least look at models similar to your own card:
    https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/wiki/Mining-hardware-comparison

• [quote name=“Cabadath” post=“1068” timestamp=“1367754920”]
    and my litecoin.conf is [code]host pool.d2.cc
    port 9344
    pass [Pass]

protocol litecoin

worksize 256
    aggression 14
    threads_per_gpu 1
    sharethreads 18
    lookup_gap 2
    [/quote]

I just ask: Is there literally “user [Username].[Worker name]; pass [Pass]” in there? If yes, you have to change these to the actual workername and password! 😃 just sayin ^^

• [quote name=“synefiere” post=“1070” timestamp=“1367756145”]
    [quote author=Cabadath link=topic=113.msg1068#msg1068 date=1367754920]
    and my litecoin.conf is [code]host pool.d2.cc
    port 9344
    pass [Pass]

protocol litecoin

worksize 256
    aggression 14
    threads_per_gpu 1
    sharethreads 18
    lookup_gap 2
    [/quote]

I just ask: Is there literally “user [Username].[Worker name]; pass [Pass]” in there? If yes, you have to change these to the actual workername and password! 😃 just sayin ^^
    [/quote]

That’s a possibility yes, but I find that a little unlikely :3
    Not saying that’s impossible though!

Also d2, I have a question for you… I’m still showing 20800 valid/current shares on the pool yet since then I’ve mined a good 2500, and my stale rate is slowly creeping up to the 10% mark again.
    Not to snoop, but, the -private- user pulling in like 35,000khash earlier really raises a few doubts in my mind and possibly caused a few issues too.

• CUDAMiner worked, thanks.

• [quote name=“ShadowEW” post=“1072” timestamp=“1367756394”]
    Not to snoop, but, the -private- user pulling in like 35,000khash earlier really raises a few doubts in my mind and possibly caused a few issues too.
    [/quote]

those biggies are gone for the moment as it seems. Biggest User has about 6.7mh/s at the moment according to the statistics.

Looks like your connection to Feathercoin Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.