Supported Feathercoin client versions: Current production Version: 0.16.0.

Old Production Version: 0.13.2

Info: If you have problems to post, create one post in the ‘newbies’ category and try again. If you have further problems, find support under Guides or use the shoutbox

\[ANN\] \[PPLNS\] \[0% Fee\] \[30 Confirms\] \[Stratum\] \[Staff Owned\] :: ftc.d2.cc

• [quote name=“synefiere” post=“1074” timestamp=“1367757168”]
    [quote author=ShadowEW link=topic=113.msg1072#msg1072 date=1367756394]
    Not to snoop, but, the -private- user pulling in like 35,000khash earlier really raises a few doubts in my mind and possibly caused a few issues too.
    [/quote]
    those biggies are gone for the moment as it seems. Biggest User has about 6.7mh/s at the moment according to the statistics.
    [/quote]Yeah, but no-ones share count is updating for me now. So, I guess they’ve just dumped as many shares as they can in, hopped pools and are just waiting for payouts from d2 now. Of which that’ll mean we get peanuts whilst they get caviar then do the same on another pool. Just my hunch on this. x:

• [quote name=“ShadowEW” post=“1075” timestamp=“1367757650”]Yeah, but no-ones share count is updating for me now. So, I guess they’ve just dumped as many shares as they can in, hopped pools and are just waiting for payouts from d2 now. Of which that’ll mean we get peanuts whilst they get caviar then do the same on another pool. Just my hunch on this. x:
    [/quote]

but should’nt the d2 pool reward system prevent such pool hoppers?

• Vanished or automatic payout to your wallet / address ?
    And, I don’t think you can really protect against such unless you render the shares as null and void. (and account ban / ip block the offender)

To clarrify a few things, the big guy was legit. I don’t remember the exact count right now, but it was something like 22-24 machines all around 1-2mh/s with nearly no stale / invalids and he actually found 6-8 of the blocks the pool has solved so far. Just looked and there’s 49 workers set up but most aren’t on this pool atm.

As far as stats, they were disabled while I resolved the problems causing by a pos pool system after I got memcached working properly. Stats are enabled, I’m just waiting on the block that is about to / just confirmed so I can make sure everything else is counted properly.

[b]Update[/b]

Everything appears to be working properly again, payouts resumed.

• [quote name=“d2” post=“1078” timestamp=“1367759641”]
    To clarrify a few things, the big guy was legit. I don’t remember the exact count right now, but it was something like 22-24 machines all around 1-2mh/s with nearly no stale / invalids and he actually found 6-8 of the blocks the pool has solved so far. Just looked and there’s 49 workers set up but most aren’t on this pool atm.

As far as stats, they were disabled while I resolved the problems causing by a pos pool system after I got memcached working properly. Stats are enabled, I’m just waiting on the block that is about to / just confirmed so I can make sure everything else is counted properly.
    [/quote]
    Again, updating and responding so far. Great work d2 and thanks for keeping us updated.

Also 1FTC has just disappeared from my account now too. I had 0.53 or so FTC, just had a 0.51 and 0.52 FTC payout and nothing seems to of come through my end.

• D2 got a strange behaviour in my balance calculation … I got credited in advance and then was shown a négative balance ?

That was actually the problem. Block 31647 was paid out 5 times. I had to disable all scripts that tally shares and credit accounts until I had reversed the newest 4 to leave only the first account credit.

By a quick calculation the negative balances will be positive again once all mined blocks confirm.

We have had a lot of small problems but this first large one. Problems like these are the reason the stratum server has not yet been made available to everyone and will not until it’s well tested.

• You are doing a perfect job d2. Thankd

• [quote name=“d2” post=“1083” timestamp=“1367760898”]We have had a lot of small problems but this first large one. Problems like these are the reason the stratum server has not yet been made available to everyone and will not until it’s well tested.
    [/quote]

if you consider this the biggest problem yet, you are doing one hell of a good job! 😃

And regarding stratum: Absolutely right decision.

[quote name=“ShadowEW” post=“1059” timestamp=“1367750109”]
    Not that this bothers me, just means I’m donating 2.5% now xD
    [/quote]

I would also like to mention, you actually aren’t really donating a full 2.5% now. The problem is everyone’s shares are getting calculated at a rate slightly higher than their actual value. The 0.5% pool fee was a was to try to compensate for that until I can figure out which algorithm is causing it.

Everything appears to be running smooth again as far as the accounting backend. Automatic and manual payouts are enabled.

You are doing a commendable job d2, my hat goes off to thee, sir.

If you need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to drop me a note here. I have been around the block (bad pun intended) a few times and might be able to make life a little easier for you.

I have identified 2 issues that were depleting the pools wallet in excessive of what was being made on the blocks. The issues appeared to be due to the payout system being set at a 0.005 FTC transaction fee while the network charges 0.1.

For this reason, I have adjusted the minimum amount required for payouts to 1 FTC. I believe this value will help other people as well as a 0.1 or less payment threshold would result in you receiving nothing. Also, the maximum value for automatic payout threshold has been raised from 25 to 50 for the people who wish to minimize transaction fees incurred.

I will be monitoring the pools wallet closely for a while to make sure there are no other issues. If all is well after that, the 0.5% pool fee will be removed.

[size=11pt][b]Back to 0% Fee![/b][/size]

It seems our issues with the overspending on payouts are solved and we should no longer require a forced pool fee.
    I would like to ask that everyone consider donating at least 0.5% to the server to help us with the server costs.

Happy mining!

Good job! :o

• I might just be misunderstanding it, but I think there is something wrong with the math on the stats page.

If the pool hash rate is (currently) 176.951Mhash/s and the difficulty is 122.35060749, why is the Est. Avg. Time per Round currently listed as 1 Hours 49 Minutes? It should be much less.

Also, my personal account’s estimated daily payout (“FTC/Day (est)”) is much higher than my (stable) “Estimated Per Payout” times (24 hours * 60 minutes) / (1 hours 49 minutes) – that is, than what I would expect if I followed the information on the pool statistics page. Unless I’m misunderstanding the numbers.

My real payout has been much less than either of those figures, but I think (or at least hope) that has just been because the pool has been unlucky for the last 18 hours or so.

Thanks!

[quote name=“lk39” post=“1102” timestamp=“1367778338”]
    I might just be misunderstanding it, but I think there is something wrong with the math on the stats page.

If the pool hash rate is (currently) 176.951Mhash/s and the difficulty is 122.35060749, why is the Est. Avg. Time per Round currently listed as 1 Hours 49 Minutes? It should be much less.[/quote]

Est. Avg. Time per Round:
    http://calc.feathercoin.com says 49 min, 29 sec. I’m not sure the calculations used on there, but if someone wants to look into this mine is:
    [code]((difficulty * bcpow(2,32)) / (hashrate * bcpow(10,3))) / 3600[/code]

[quote author=lk39 link=topic=113.msg1102#msg1102 date=1367778338]
    Also, my personal account’s estimated daily payout (“FTC/Day (est)”) is much higher than my (stable) “Estimated Per Payout” times (24 hours * 60 minutes) / (1 hours 49 minutes) – that is, than what I would expect if I followed the information on the pool statistics page. Unless I’m misunderstanding the numbers.[/quote]

FTC/Day (est)
    [code]coins_per_day = (24 / timePerBlock) * blockValue[/code]
    blockValue = 200

Estimated Per Payout (Left side bar)
    [code]round((1-siteFee)*blockValue*(sharesThisRound / totalRoundShares)*(1-(donatePercent/100)), 8)[/code]
    siteFee = 0%

[quote author=lk39 link=topic=113.msg1102#msg1102 date=1367778338]
    My real payout has been much less than either of those figures, but I think (or at least hope) that has just been because the pool has been unlucky for the last 18 hours or so.
    [/quote]

All of it is an estimation and we have some people that are hashing at insane rates which in theory would constantly lower most other peoples share ratio at a rather predictable (but not in my formulas) rate. I do think theres something a bit wrong with my time to block calculation which also would impact the estimated figure on the FTC / day.

These estimations have no impact on your payout as it is figured by the final share count ratio you have against the pool. The only fees charged now include a 0.1 FTC fee / automatic payout because the network charges that for every transaction and 0.2 FTC for manual payout plus whatever you are so kind to donate to the server.

Shouldn’t the fee be 0.01? That’s the standard transaction fee listed everywhere…

[quote name=“ChristianRiesen” post=“1109” timestamp=“1367784034”]
    Shouldn’t the fee be 0.01? That’s the standard transaction fee listed everywhere…
    [/quote]

Not according to feathercoind:

[code]
    {
    “account” : “XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”,
    “address” : “XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”,
    “category” : “send”,
    “amount” : -3.36325493,
    “fee” : -0.10000000,
    “confirmations” : 0,
    “txid” : “XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”,
    “time” : 1367763053
    },
    {
    “account” : “XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”,
    “address” : “XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”,
    “category” : “send”,
    “amount” : -3.31919877,
    “fee” : -0.10000000,
    “confirmations” : 0,
    “txid” : “XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”,
    “time” : 1367763070
    }
    [/code]

It’s an option in the qt client that says “Fee 0.01 recommended”. There is an option called paytxfee you can set in feathercoind.