Old daemon and wallet version 0.17.0.1
deroekeloze last edited by | Tip deroekeloze
due to a recent bad experience and at the suggestion of Pyxis, i’ve decided to post a few things current events reminded me of the hard way ::)
don’t take your PC security lightly! having a trading account completely wiped out can leave you quite frustrated…and butt hurt
here are just a few steps that can be taken to improve system/account security:
– run a good malware detection software. AVG, comodo, etc
– never set a program to use the *remember me, stay signed in, etc* option.
– if you use a mobile phone, you can strengthen your security by using 2 factor authorization through SMS. i know that cryptsy, gmail, hotmail offer this service in user settings.
– set web browsers to not remember history and close them when machines are idle
– avoid logging in on public access machines.
– don’t use the same password for multiple accounts
– don’t leave coins on an exchange. take the 15 or so minutes and return them to your wallets
feel free to add your own ideas / methods so that we can build a comprehensive package of security on the forum to prevent this sort of thing in the future.
-create a paperwallet on a pc which never was connected to the internet
- Linux instead of windows