Supported Feathercoin client versions: Current production Version: 0.16.1.

Old Production Version: 0.16

Info: If you have problems to post, create one post in the ‘newbies’ category and try again. If you have further problems, find support under Guides

send/transfer using Ubuntu headless wallet feathercoin-cli

• Feathercoin: v0.13.0.0-beta
    I’ve been trying to send funds to another account using ubuntu headless wallet,

./feathercoin-cli sendtoaddress MyAccountname receiveraccount

./feathercoin-cli sendtoaddress myaccountname receiver account

but in both cases I’m getting error

-bash: feathercoin-cli: command not found

What command should I exactly use to transfer funds?

• Moderators

when it says “feathercoin-cli” not found means it cant find the binary file called “feathercoin-cli”

what you need to do is either run your commands again from the same directory feathercoin-cli is in

or

you can install feathercoind, feathercoin-tx and feathercoin-cli to your local machine by running “make install” if you built from source.

• they are very much installed, I can do all other jobs like getbalance, getwalletinfo etc etc but sending money doens’t work, it’s ubuntu headless wallet.

• Moderators

did you secure your wallet with a password?
    I have the same message, when I try to send coins from my wallet without unlocking it first.
    Also you have to surround the sendto address with "

~>feathercoin-cli senddtoaddress "6gof8Za8w36vpV32pE85wwscC4rkwxstPJ" 1.0
    error code: -32601
    error message:
    Method not found

Then I did:

~> feathercoin-cli walletpassphrase "myPassWord" 100
    ~> feathercoin-cli sendtoaddress "6gof8Za8w36vpV32pE85wwscC4rkwxstPJ" 1.0
    616b90dad45cd2ffd3f15ced6ddabcedd9aa323aaf5a0725a585937a704dbd6b

616b90dad45cd2ffd3f15ced6ddabcedd9aa323aaf5a0725a585937a704dbd6b
    Is the transaction id returned by the sendtoaddress method

Here you can see the transaction:

http://explorer.feathercoin.com/tx/616b90dad45cd2ffd3f15ced6ddabcedd9aa323aaf5a0725a585937a704dbd6b

• Thanks, that worked like a charm. I was overlooking my wallet passphrase I forgot it was encrypted.

• Moderators

Great, you sorted it out. Thanx @Wellenreiter

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Cookies are used to maintain session information for logged in users. By using this site, reading or posting content you agree to the use of cookies.
You can delete the cookies set in the privacy settings of your browser after leaving this site

Read more in our Privacy Policy