DOS Attack on the Feathercoin Block chain
Today, October 6th around 3:20 PM a strange behavior of some Feathercoin clients where noticed by the community.
Further investigation showed that an attempt of a DOS attack was causing the problem.
The attack tried to use a recently discovered vulnerability of Bitcoin code versions < 0.16.3, causing the attacked block chain to stop working correctly and mint the block chain to the attackers advantage.
The Feathercoin devepoment team released a fix against this attack on September 22nd 2018.
This fix together with Feathercoins advanced checkpointing (ACP) mechanism defended the block against the attack.
Current status is:
- FTC Blockchain is operating normally
- FTC Clients with version < 16.3 are stuck at block 2366280
Actions to re- activate stuck clients:
- upgrade your client to the latest Version
see ttps://feathercoin.com/#wallets for latest releases for your OS
- Restart the client with the -rescan comand line paramter
- wait until the client is fully synced again and compare the block count with the one shown on https://explorer.feathercoin.com